We’re in the middle of spring here and have enjoyed some lovely sunny weekends lately. It’s been beautiful sitting out on the deck soaking up the sun.
Pita Bread Pizza has been a highlight for make your own pizza night for Sarah and I.
The concept is simple.
- Pita breads
- Chicken, mozzarella and assorted veges from the fridge
Fire up the grill, prepare the ingredients and enjoy the evening.
This is Angus, one of our pack and this is his “I want pizza too” face.
There are no rules for pita bread pizza. Just grab what you have and go for gold. Below is a simple recipe for chicken and vege pita bread pizza. What are your favourite pizza toppings? Let me know below.
Easy Grilled Pita Bread Pizzas
Have fun with the family with a make your own pizza night. Just grab whatever is in the fridge with a bit of cheese, fire up the grill and enjoy!
- No measurements - just grab what you've got
- Pita pockets (enough for as many pizzas that you need)
- Rotisserie chicken
- Capsicum, diced
- Spring onion, diced
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Grated mozzarella
- Pizza sauce / tomato paste
- Fresh basil
- Fire up the grill (or oven) for indirect medium heat, have all ingredients ready to go.
- Grill pita breads over direct heat for a minute to brown one side, remove from grill and layer grilled side with pizza sauce and layer on toppings.
- Return to the indirect side of the grill, close lid and cook for 5-6 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from grill, slice and eat immediately (don't burn your mouth on the cheese)