The weekend has been and gone, it was a mixed bag here in Wellington weather wise. Saturday was touch and go with sun rain sun, but mostly rain. Didn’t stop me getting out Saturday morning and preparing a cooked brunch treat for Sarah.
We have a Nespresso machine at home and from time to time they send out little magazines which serve as promotional material for their latest coffee pods but they also always feature a bunch of recipes which are hit and miss, but sometimes there are some interesting looking ones. Like this one.
This was published in their magazine titled “Nespresso Morning Rituals” and the recipe was submitted by club member Anita. So thanks Anita for sharing.
Sarah came home last week with a carton of organic free range eggs from a coworkers farm. What a great way to use them up.
The original recipe used the oven, but that’s boring right? Why not take advantage of a cool spring morning for the whole hour while the sun is actually out and cook on the grill?
How often do you and your family enjoy a home cooked brunch on the weekends? What are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 8 free range eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 80g finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup shredded kale
- ½ cup shredded baby spinach
- 100g ricotta
- Freshly ground salt and cracked black pepper
- 12 slices pancetta, diced
- 250g vine tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 cedar grilling plank, soaked for at least an hour
- basil pesto
- bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Prepare grill for medium indirect cooking 180°C / 350°F
- Lightly grease 6 x 1 cup muffin tin and line each with a tortilla, fold them in to make into a cup shape.
- Combine eggs, cream, pamersan, kale, spinach, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Divide egg mixture between each of the tortilla cups. Divide the ricotta evenly into each cup and finally sprinkle sliced pancetta over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Place muffin tin on indirect side of the grill, close lid and cook for up to 25 minutes until the egg has set.
- Place the tomatoes on cedar plank, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place directly over heat on grill, replace lid and cook for around 8 minutes until tomatoes are just about done.
- Top tortilla cups with pesto and parsley and serve with tomatoes.
- Enjoy your weekend