This potato salad is brought to you by my good friend James.
This is a potato salad that has evolved over the years from many recipes.
Chopped and changed for the good of progression.
The end result is beautiful and a perfect addition to any meal this winter.
This could be a meal of it’s own.
Roast Potato Bacon & Bean Salad
This roast potato salad combines fresh herbs, green beans and bacon. Sit down a tuck in.
- 500g mini roasting potatoes
- 250g free range shoulder bacon
- Large handful of green beans
- 1 red onion
- Rice bran oil for roasting
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Several sprigs of thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Bunch of fresh chives
- Start by preheating oven to 230°C. Slice potatoes in half and parboil. When done, transfer the potatoes into a roasting dish with a generous splash of rice bran oil, 4 cloves of garlic (sliced in half with their jackets left on), thyme, dried rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are roasted take them out of the oven and leave to the side.
- In a hot pan add bacon, diced red onions and 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and caramelise. 2 minutes before the bacon is cooked, add green beans and warm through. You will only want to warm the beans through so that they retain their crunch and sweetness.
- In a bowl add 1/4 of a cup of red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard, a handful of finely chopped chives, (you can add chilies if you dare), salt and pepper to taste then whisk gently.
- Gently mix the warm potatoes, bacon, beans and dressing together in a bowl and serve. For maximum flavour dust with a good quality Parmesan cheese