If you’re like us and have been watching My Kitchen Rules, this was a recipe made by the twins Vicky and Helena.
I’ve opted out of the fennel salad instead Sarah put together a simple green salad and I also grilled the pork cutlets before baking instead of frying them in oil.
The crumb still crisped up and most people would consider this slightly more healthy.
We both enjoyed eating this while watching a later episode of My Kitchen Rules. Enjoy.
This goes to show that anything can be done on the grill.
- 2 pork cutlets
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour, for dusting
- Handful of apple wood chips
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled, cut into even sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons fries seasoning
- Rice bran oil, for roasting
- Ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes, optional
- Prepare grill for 2-zone indirect medium heat
- Preheat oven to 230°C, fan bake
- Heat oil in roasting dish while oven is preheating
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a pot with salted water, boil for 2 minutes
- Drain, dry and season and roast for 40 minutes, flipping once after 20 minutes
- Tear up bread into chunks and add to food processor, blitz into crumbs
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes, blitz to combine
- Put flour in a bowl, the egg in another and the crumb on a plate
- Coat the pork cutlets in flour, then egg and finally the crumb
- Once the grill is ready, grill the cutlets directly over the coals for 1 minute each side to crisp up the crumb
- Move to indirect heat zone, add wood chips to coals and close the lid with vents over the pork cutlets
- Bake in the grill for 15-20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 60°C, remove from grill and rest for 3-5 minutes
- Remove potatoes from oven, pat dry any excess oil and serve along side pork cutlets immediately