We use guacamole for a few dishes we make regularly, burgers, tacos, nachos or by itself as a dip for corn chips.
To change things up every once and a while I like to grill the avocado before mashing it up with the other ingredients.
I fire up the grill for the sake of grilling a single avocado, but if I have the grill going already then a game on.
Grill the avocado, flesh side down for a couple of minutes so the flesh is slightly charred.
Do not over do it.
That’s all it is to it and then it’s just the same as making normal guacamole.
We tend to use cherry tomatoes but regular tomatoes are just as fine. The trick is to deseed them before adding to the avocado.
I think that the onion is my favourite ingredient here (besides the avocado of course) and I try to slice them as thinly as possible without cutting my fingers.
If you’re feeling adventurous, feel free to add sliced chili or chili flakes.
Grilled Avocado Guacamole
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 tomato, chopped with seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half, remove stone and grill flesh down over direct heat ls for a couple of minutes until slightly charred.
- Remove avocado flesh from skin, slice into cubes and mash with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and add chopped tomatoes and onion, mix together and serve immediately.
What are you favourite ingredients for guacamole and have you ever grilled avocado? Let me know in the comments below